TIPS FOR BUYERS
- A bank pre-qualification letter is almost a must before you can make an offer on a property. It will also determine how much house you can afford.
- Approach the purchase with an open mind. Look for the most basic requirements such as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, dining room, etc.
- Most homes in the bay area have been built sometime ago. Do not expect everything to be warranted by the seller to be in working condition. Buy a one year home warranty policy for the major system of the house to cover the unexpected.
- Ask a copy of the buyer’s inspection advisory prior to going further with your house hunting. It will give you an idea of what to look for.
- Buy your home through a Licensed Real Estate agent. The State of California has specific laws to protect the consumer.
- Read your offer before signing or ask the realtor to explain the provisions to you. You are entering into a legally binding agreement with a lot of commitments and it is your right to understand every provisions of the contract. Read the disclosures and ask questions.